How to immigrate to Canada?
There are several ways to immigrate to Canada. Immigration programs available that lead to PR are:
- Express Entry (EE)
- Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP)
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot (AIP)
- Start-up Visa (SUV)
- Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP)
- Family Sponsorship
- Quebec-selected Skilled Workers
- Agri-food Pilot
How do I get Canadian citizenship?
To be eligible for Canadian citizenship, you must:
- Be a permanent resident
- Have filed your taxes for at least three years
- Pass a citizenship test
- Prove your language skills in English or French
- Not have a criminal record
What is an Express Entry profile?
A most popular online immigration application system to immigrate to Canada as a skilled immigrant. The EE profile will decide your ranking to apply for:
Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program: For applicants with years of foreign work experience and/or a high level of education
Federal Skilled Trades (FST) program: For skilled tradespeople who want to immigrate to Canada.
Canadian Experience Class: For foreign nationals already working in Canada for a period of at least one year to apply for PR.
How are Express Entry points calculated?
An online tool is used to calculate your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score based on some factors:
- Work experience
How do I work in Canada?
A work permit is needed to work in Canada. However, at times you may be eligible to work without a work permit.
The types of work permits are:
Open work permit: This allows you to work for any employer in Canada and you can only get an open work permit in specific situations.
Employer-specific work permit: Also called a closed work permit specifies the name of the employer you can work for, location, and for how long you can work.
International Experience Canada (IEC): Also known as a Working Holiday Visa.
International students in Canada may also be eligible to work. Once graduated, they will need to apply for a Post-graduate Work Permit (PGWP), or apply for permanent residence.
Which are the language tests accepted in Canada for Immigration?
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP)
How do I find a job in Canada?
You should prepare a Canadian-style resume and cover letter before applying. You are legally allowed to work in Canada if you:
- Are a permanent resident (PR)
- Have a work permit
- Are an international student who is allowed to work in Canada
- Are a spouse of an international student
- Are a Canadian citizen.
How do I study in Canada?
Canada has many internationally acclaimed education institutions to study in a multicultural setting. You need to apply for a study permit first. The main steps are:
- Enroll at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
- Apply for a student permit online or via mail. Once your student permit has been approved. You will need documents like:
- Passport and travel documents, including a letter of introduction
- Valid eTA or temporary resident visa
- Valid letter of acceptance from a school
- Proof of funds to support yourself in Canada
- Any other letters of reference
- Proof of leaving Canada at the end of your stay
Planning to immigrate to Canada from Saudi Arabia, contact us at MilkyWay Immigration Consultants, Riyadh to know more.