Australia happens to be one of the most sought-after destinations for migrants. The country promises access to a rapidly growing labor market, a robust economy, an excellent healthcare system, Easy access to government benefits and a brilliant education system. Its no-surprise, Australian cities are ranked as the most livable cities in the world after all.
The new 491 visa, Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) subclass 491 visa will enable eligible skilled workers and their families to live, work and study in designated regional areas of Australia for 5 years. Visa holders will be eligible to apply for a Permanent Residence visa after three years. Applicants for this visa must be nominated by:
- an Australian state or territory government agency or
- sponsored by an eligible family member residing in a designated regional area and be invited to apply for the visa, following submission of an Expression of Interest (EOI)
Summary of the 491 visa:
- 14,000 places allocated each year.
- 504 eligible occupations (77 more than closest non-regional equivalent visa).
- Replaces 489 family and state sponsored visas
- Must be sponsored by an eligible relative or state authority
- Points tested
- Visa will be granted for initially 5 years
- Must live and work for 3 years in regional areas to get Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) 191 Visa
- You or your partner will need to earn for those 3 years a minimum income each year ($53,900 per annum)- for the State sponsored stream it may be in any occupation (not yet confirmed) however if employer sponsored it must be in the nominated occupation.
- Regional Australia is everywhere except Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, Gold Coast.
- You can move between regions- Regional areas may include Newcastle, Wollongong, NSW Central Coast, Adelaide, Hobart and Canberra.
- Cannot apply for any other skilled PR or 820 partner visa for 3 years
- DHA Fee (main applicant) $4,045 and for spouse is: $2,025
Benefits of the 491 visa:
- Priority processing of regional applications
- Incentives for migrants to stay in regional areas longer term as they build ties through workforce and community participation
- More points available to subclass 491 visa applicants
You may call MilkyWay immigration experts on +966 541591427. Alternatively, e-mail your queries to MilkyWay e-mail id- email@example.com.